Hello, Itś Me...


                         


A lot has happened since the last time I posted we have had a HUGE Thanksgiving with both Brettś family as well as mine held at our home, Christmas four times over, and last but not least, we welcomed Adele Marie Pollard into the world on Nov. 7th. 

We feel so blessed to have Adele in our lives. For those who might not know we had quite a rough patch at the end of 2014 through the beginning of 2015. In October of 2014 we missed carried our precious baby Pollard #6, who we named Libby-Violet. Then in December we lost Brettś dear Mother Vicki Adele unexpectedly, followed by another unexpected loss of my Grandmother in February. So to have the joy of a new baby in our lives is a breath of fresh air. Adele wasn't just our rainbow baby she is a real life miracle. When she was born she fell into the 1% category of babies delivered with a knot in her umbilical cord. More amazing than that she also belongs to an even smaller percentage of knot babies who actually survive their delivery. Babies with knots in their umbilical cord normally enter the world still born, but Adele came in kicking and screaming, Praise The Lord.
In reflecting back God reminded me that only a few weeks ago in the middle of the night as I fought insomnia with a shower. I felt prompted to pray for Adele's umbilical cord to be long enough. How good God truly is.  


  

As promised I am back at it. However after such an eventful past 3 months I felt it necessary to take this first week of the new year to rest and reset our home life. After spending two days unpacking our now family of now eight and putting away the tree and decorations. I still felt unsettled, worn out, and overwhelmed at the thought of jumping back into our normal schedule. I thought to myself with all the the joy, laughter, and celebrating that comes with the holidays also comes busy work. Cooking, baking, shopping, wrapping, cleaning, ect. Throw in a newborn and no wonder I was tired! I realized I just needed sometime to catch my breath. So I did what any worn out mama would do, I went on Facebook ; ) 

Thankfully God intervened and brought Sally´s post The Secret to Peace & Rest: Decluttering Your Soul in 2016 across my newsfeed. This is what I needed Peace and Rest! Realizing this about myself and my family we opted to take an extra week off of school, enjoy the new things we have received for Christmas, and simply rest. The scene you would have found in our home was the sound of worship courtesy of IHOP, kids laughing, playing and devouring oranges and myself sitting, journaling, and sipping coffee as I planned out the goals for our family for the year 2016. During this time of stillness and unloading I discovered many things about myself, my family, and our way of life. I plan on sharing some of it with you all in the coming weeks. I believe without this ¨time out¨ I would have been a complete mess. I would like to encourage you all to take the time to stop and breathe, unload, and rest your heart, mind, and spirit before jumping into the new year I guarantee you won't regret it.


                                                Learn about our family                                                                                    devotional                                                     Foundation Of Character 
     

Comments