Home On Wheels

Two springs ago we bought our first RV. It was awesome! We love watching alternative living channels on Youtube. One of the channels is a large homeschooling family that drives around the United States in their RV. Their life goals are really similar to ours. Being together as much as possible, homeschooling through experiences, and traveling. 


When we were considering what type of RV we should buy it very much reminded me of the home
buying process. Except you get to change the location of where your home sits whenever you want! Brilliant! 


We looked at new models, old models, drive-ins and pull behinds. What we landed on was a retro 1987 pull behind and for shop class that semester we renovated it to fit all 8 of us! 



Since then we have taken several trips. We went to Lake Pepin, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, The Upper Peninsula in Michigan, Duluth and stopped at some friends houses on the way. 


A few things I learned from living on wheels. 


Life is simpler 

You have less stuff so less to keep track of.


Faster to clean 

Again less stuff less to clean


I am present more

I am away from my normal routine and the focus is the family and the current adventure so there I be. 


I live more

I am experiencing life instead of just responding to it.


We all learned to deal with things

There is no hiding from one another if there is a problem you have to address it and deal with it, this has caused growth in all of us.


Life didn’t fall apart without me back at home 

I think this is something I learned the most, I gained a more accurate perception of my importance. Work got done, sales were made, contact signed, and problems solved all without me needing to be in my office Monday- Friday 9-5. This is why I love the internet. 


Our family grew closer

Think back on your life. What moments shaped you? What moments are branded in your mind forever? We know that nothing is guaranteed in life, not even  the length of it. Our goal is to make as many memories together as possible. To live to work, and not work to live.



🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿
More Of The Pollard Tribe
🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿



Home School Consulting 


Pollard Tribe Realty





Comments