A Lot Can Change In 30 Days

    

A little over 30 days ago I took a break from
my 2 social media platforms Facebook and Instagram. 

I didn't announce it to either social media realms, even though I know that this is a popular courtesy(?). I did not feel it was necessary. 


I wasn’t taking a break from Facebook or Instagram because “I wanted to be more present with my family” although it was a very welcomed by-product of calling, “time out”. 


No, the reason why I choose to take a break is simply; I needed my peace back.


You might be guessing the thing that was stealing my peace was scrolling my news feed and getting upset at what I read. Nope, although I know this is a common struggle.



The thing that was stealing my peace was that, every day I was growing more and more anxious over





Not engaging with the platforms enough. 

Not posting enough, 

Not commenting enough, 

Not participating enough to get the algorithm to benefit me. 


This was the number 1 cause of stress in my life. 


I would even find myself saying things to others like, “If I didn’t need to be on Social Media for work I would totally get rid of it.” And yet I would allow social media to continue to have this hold on me. 


I had come to the belief that without it my business would fail. I began to believe Social Media was my source. I had unknowingly given attributes that belong to God to something else. Yes I had made Social Media an idol. 


Not only that, I was addicted to it too. I didn’t know I was until a few days after I called, “Time-Out.” I was having withdrawals, I was actually dreaming about checking Facebook and then getting upset with myself in the dream that I had broken my promise to myself not to go on it for 30 days. 


In taking these 30 days off I did discover some very important truths about myself

  1. Life went on

  2. I had more peace

  3. I had more joy

  4. I still had old and new clients contacting me

  5. The people who truly cared about me did not forget who I was

  6. All of our needs were abundantly provided for

  7. I didn’t want to go back




That last one was a struggle in itself, until God confirmed to me all that He had been speaking to me over the last month in last Sunday's message at our church given by the guest speaker, Lisa Bevere. Through this message I was completely freed from the hold Social Media had on me.


If you are curious as to what she said that was so impactful to me you can watch it here.


So what did I decide to do with Social Media? Return it to its rightful place. 


An extracurricular activity, ‘Something OUTSIDE of the normal routine.’ 



“Your inability to connect with everything is not a failure, it is a fail safe. Edit your life.” 

- Lisa Bevere



🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿
More Of The Pollard Tribe
🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿



Home School Consulting 


Pollard Tribe Realty





Comments